STUDY IN AUSTRALIA
STUDY IN AUSTRALIA
Australia, one of the most desired country for study abroad destination among several international students. Australia is fully developed with all sorts of modern infrastructure and is a technologically vibrant nation. Australia provides quality and practical oriented education and career to its students from all around the globe including students from Nepal.
Australia always had been the most popular and sought after study abroad destination among Nepalese students and it has a long history for two decades. Every year thousands of Nepalese students have flown to Australia in search of better and reliable education degrees from Australian universities and Colleges.
Some of the most common reasons behind this mass movement are due to their strong educational infrastructure, the better quality of living, the friendly nature of the local people, off-campus job availability and the multicultural society.
Every year Australian government is spending millions of dollars in Education research and infrastructure, as a result, of Australia rank itself as 7 out of top 100 universities in the world offering more than 22 thousand courses across 1100 institution. Likewise, they offer 29 study areas such as language, art, engineering, information technology, medicine, nursing, business and much more.
Being the English speaking nation its curriculum and courses are all taught in English medium so it’s equally beneficial for students all across the world.
You must know:
- Australia is the world’s 14thbiggest economy and has 5th highest per capita income in the world according to the index of 2018.
- Australian Universities and Colleges enroll the third-highest number of international students after the United States and the United Kingdom.
- Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) measures the education qualification in Australia.
- Australia falls under the top 10 happiest countries in the world and has a high standard of living.
- Australia has more than 40 cities out of which five cities are recognized as the best urban infrastructure. Melbourne has been recognized as the most livable city in the world for the past 3 years.
- 8 out of the top 100 best universities in the world are in Australia and its university education system ranks 9thin the world.
- 5 out of the top 30 student cities in the world lie in Australia.
- The Australian government spends more than $200 million dollars yearly in international scholarships and more than 2.5 million alumni of Australian institutions are making a difference around the globe.
- Australia is a multicultural country having more than 200 spoken languages.
- Australia holds the third-highest human development index after Norway and Switzerland valued at 0.939 in 2018.
The reasons Nepali students choose Australia:
One of the most important reasons why Nepalese students from different parts of Nepal are highly interested in higher education in Australia is due to their good quality of education. Their University and Colleges degree are quite reliable, globally recognized and their teaching and learning environment are practical oriented.
Australia has a wide range of courses and syllabus to its international students where the students have an option to choose their desired courses out of 2200 available courses. Moreover, they have more than 1100 educational institutions throughout the major cities. Australian laws always strive to protect international students and promote quality education. Each and every course are registered under CRISCOS which provides a guarantee that your selected courses are of high standards.
To Sum up, what makes Australia a better education destination to students from Nepal are
- Better and Improved Lifestyle
- Safe, Friendly and Multicultural Society
- Similar Climate as of Nepal
- World-Class Education and Wide Range of Institutions and Courses
- Flexible Visa Policy
- Cheaper Living cost in compared to UK and USA
- Off-Campus Work Flexibility and Post Study Work Visa Policy
- Globally Acclaimed Education Degree
Requirements and Qualification:
- Minimum 12 Year of Schooling in Nepal (at least +2) for students who wish to apply Diploma or Undergraduate Degree
- Australia Accept only four years of Bachelor Degree if you wish to apply for a Master’s Degree
- You should have secured at least 55 percent marks in your academic result. Also, if you have scored first division or distinction it is always an advantage.
- You need to have a good IELTS score of at least 6.0 for Bachelor Degree and 6.5 for a Master’s Degree
Information on work while study:
Yes, you can work while you study in Australia in order to support your tuition and living expenses. Student Visa policy will allow you to work at least 40 hours per fortnight during your course in session while there is no any restriction during any holidays, vacation, and semester break. Working part-time or full time not only will assist you financially but it will increase your work experience in related fields of study.
The required documents for Visa submission:
The following are the documents that are most necessary to apply for an Australian student visa.
- Academic Certificates
- Photocopy of Passport
- Visa Application Form
- Identification Card Copies
- PP size photo (Should not be older than 6 months)
- IELTS score Sheet
- Police Report
- Property Evaluation and its evidence
- Annual income and its evidence
- Relation Verification and its evidence
- Tax Clearance certificate
- Required Financial Documents includes Source of Funds and Proof of Cash Deposits
- What are the medical documents needed to apply for an Australian education visa from Nepal?
- Following are the Medical Documents
- Lab Test Reports
- Proof that the student has overseas student health cover for the total duration of student visa
The average tuition fee for undergraduate international students is approximately around $24 thousand annually while for master’s degree students are required to pay in an average of around $16,500 to $23,500 annually.
For doctoral and Ph.D. degree its might range around $11,500 to $30 thousand.